9/25/2014

Letter to Self

Good Morning K,

Yes, yes, I (we) know it is the nights...this letter will not respect National Punctuation Day and use language and grammar known to us, ok?

So...hi. How have you really, really been? Well, I mean I know how, but would you like to once answer it to yourself? Ok, ok, relax, you don't need to, stay. Don't go away. After a long time you are sticking to something with a loving regularity. Be here. To read. My letter. Your letter I mean. Err this is a bit 'K calling K crazy'. But I will persist. 

You see I love little things about you. And I want this letter to once in a while remind you that those little things should not sway. I like you smiling, like from the soul. It is a dazzling one, yes. Spreads smiles immediately. I quite like your shampoo'd hair. Oh yes they do wave about. And I love it how you are imbibing patience and striving to stay sane. Your few friends, your many loves, your one lasting relationship with art, and the many you-puzzle pieces which make a perfect jigsaw complete -- I love your weird craziness, your winged fancy and your thoughtful expenses.

What are you doing with your life? Sorry, does that sound condescending? Let me try another. Why are you doing what you are doing in life? Still the same, yes. What else could you have done? Oh dear, worse. I know since yesterday couple of people have said you look pretty ok for your age, and I am alarmed that I know how you want to finish off your life before you dwindle into that head-boundary you have set up for yourself as 'old'. But tell you what? Doesn't pay. No. This fight with fate, useless.

K, let us try, you and I, to unpack this deep-ression and do what SRK says. It is actually easy. 1-2-3-flash-a-smile. 1-2-3-live. 1-2-3-be. 1-2-3-counter fears. 1-2-3-write. You have an active head, so active that it forgets facts. You are blessed to be you, to be with people who make living worth it. You can afford a vacation. And a drink in it. You can return and afford a cycle. Or a car. How many can? Read this letter once more. After you are back from your vacation.
You will know why.

I pray that one day you will have confidence in your pocket. Till then, you can have this letter. Love etc.,
K.



No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...