9/15/2014

Letter to _____

:) who would have thought on such a day I would end up even thinking of writing to you. I certainly wouldn't have. Hi. I know you have been good, you sexy little thing. I hate myself each time when I think of you, still. You have always unknowingly cleared the cobwebs of my head with such careless laughter and hot, tender kisses, that it is impossible not to miss you now. Now. A very bad time to be in. I knew we c/would never be, but it was so nice just to be in your arms. Almost as if life were the comfort of the warm roadside night lights creeping in through translucent window panes. That distinct dirty smile, those unbearable dimples, the naughtiest eyes, an explorer's chin and an English pronunciation to die for.

I know you are beyond me now, a happy memory. I just wanted this letter to let you (and myself) know that I never loved you. But yes, you were what chemistry is. Fuzzy Logic. And you were what I thought love was. And how happy that had made me.

More than now, when I know what it is.

I have always had this crazy notion that I will bump into you in one of the European cobbled streets, like in trash novels estranged lovers do, or, in busy airport terminals shopping for the same fragrance. And I know it in my heart we will kiss again, without much ado. And spend some intimate time together, only to depart. And that, my dear, would last me another lifetime. Another memory, another story.

I can smell you, you bastard you,
K.

No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...