10/24/2014

Letter to Ink-Mother

Hi Ink-Mother!

Remember the last letter I had hand-written to you? Let me remind you. It was at my friend's. She was teaching something, which I had intended to learn and quite obviously in the middle of the lecture a doodle got the better of me and a coconut was produced. My friend being the one with a terrible health karma, was suffering from something around that time too. So I decided to offer a genuine prayer to you so that you would cure her back to the pink. I was so happy having written the letter that I believed you would actually read and do the needful. In fact, if I remember correctly, I ended the letter in a rather matter-of-fact manner with 'do the needful'. I do not recall you having blessed her with your best, but she pinned this letter on her soft-board and gave the letter a recognition which could only be competed by your reply.

O L D  L E T T E R








With the same belief I type to you today. People are making such a hullabaloo and painting the sky with sparks in your joyous celebration. I will just spill the ink. Earlier I had even written out a Facebook status wishing for a job of writing letters. I believe I could even gain the hypothetical crown of 'Lady of Letters', I would be so good at it. Ink-Mother, as the sky is lit up tonight and will reduce to a fuse by the dawn, only the faint smell of approaching winter and diffused crackers would be the remnants of other believer's grand rejoice in your honour. I, however, would keep writing and keep you alive in my belief on cursives and fonts.

Just answer me once, Ink-Mother. Answer.

Yours in ink,
K.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

One of ur best i must say "lady of words".
Keep writing .... jai maa kali 😊

Unknown said...

in the 1st para , should it be 'completed' instead of 'competed with your reply' ?

Kuntala Sengupta said...

No. I did mean competition. I understand how no one ever associates that with me ;)

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...