10/13/2014

Letter to my Friends

Dear Friends,

Before you begin an outrage about the possibility of qualifying as the addressed (given your humility) I would like to clarify on who is a friend. Simply put, someone we like and enjoy being with. Someone who puts us at ease. Someone we share a mutual affection with. OK, now that I know you are sufficiently convinced, hello. You have been inexplicably unassuming and made me feel so humbled that I rediscovered myself. You have made me believe that happiness is pristine and simple. You have made me uncharacteristically dance-step-tipsy and level-headed about joy. You offered yourself in the most giving manner I have ever known, made me feel good, do good, be good. Your quiet way of loving enormously is the tenderest I have known and strongest I have felt.

B H U T A N
It has barely been couple of days and I already miss mouthing my morning Hi's at you with my outstretched arms. I miss watching you play hide and seek with the clouds through the day. I miss the hues on the paddy field and the red chillies on the silver sheets. I miss those enchanting twilights and I miss staring into your dark outline having adjusted my night view. I miss falling asleep like that (mostly in my specs) discussing endless silent thoughts with you, courtesy the lullaby of the passing river.

I close my eyes and there you are, playing as if yesterday never got over. I think I am having severe withdrawal symptoms. I miss everything about you and what they made of me.

I miss you, miserably.
K.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

someone said Bhutan is 'land of smile'. No one is unhappy there !! did u actually feel it ?

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...