11/01/2014

Letter to Doubt

Dear Doubt,

Since you have decided to make a home out of my head, and are by birth a parasite, I cannot fight you. I thus will make it short and straight. I am tired. Tired of trying to sweep you out, fight you, and of re-resigning. You have brought upon me such a level that sometimes I end up disowning my own head, thinking you are not there, only shortcomings are.

Why? Why did you have to inhabit me? Why was I your soft target? What benefits you from my trying to grope about? Actually, I cannot even question you. You are such an essential part of me. You have broken me apart and made a new me out of you. 

Try and be away once. Give me a chance. A new one. Let us see if we can be without each other. We won't exactly die without the other, you know. Life moves on. And surely, we will too.

Come, let us grow apart,
K.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ha ha ha ... I m sure doubt has left ur head by now :) :)

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...