11/07/2014

Letter to Happiness

Hello Happiness,

I am really upset with you today. It might sound juvenile to you but I would ask you, nonetheless. Why don't you come in pairs? Why are you so short-lived, and short-sighted? Do you like putting up the costume of joy sometimes? I had always considered you to be more ethereal, graceful. You see, just coming my way, galloping from the blue moon doesn't make you stay. It made more sense if you touched upon the lives of other people around me, and those I love, to make yourself count. Be accountable for your presence. You can't flutter in one pocket and drain out through the hole in the other.

One cannot be happy just with one's own self, no? This complaint might sound illogical to you, perhaps even immature, but let me assure you, I am completely sane as I type this out and I am even more sincere when I express the grievance. You are not about watching a good-looking movie over cheese popcorn. You are about moonlit mountains. And this letter comes your way because I believe you are capable of more.

This world needs you, more than wants you. Happiness, I know you have been contained to one-liners that explain about you, but I would rather have you in peaceful silences. Explore your potential, look around. Do not be that wave which comes in accidentally and goes away too, leaving the heart destitute. You do not come to all, but to chosen ones -- change that. You can bring life by being, and death by leaving. Yet, you remain as much special, in the end, as was the beginning. A sky would be good, of you. The same sky of night and day, light and shadow -- seen and over us all. 

A sky would be good. Of you.
Awaiting an embrace of togetherness,
K.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happiness: a strange feeling , even if shared ,absolutely different from each other's . Means " somethings r meant to be".

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...