11/24/2014

Letter to Malady

It is weird, and nothing else, that you are barely two alphabets different from Melody, setting you both like chalk and cheese. It is also commendable how you come and conquer.

You have had me under your favoured attack all my life, for as long as I can remember. This time too, you coward you, came from the back (literally) and made your way into my spirit. It is unfair, you know. This is where I write to you tonight from. It is unfair that you are so unpronounced in your attack, and so spineless. So spineless that you cling onto the spine.

Quite obviously then, this wouldn't be a long letter. Like the tablets I pop in quick and easy, this too shall be. For each attack you make me undergo, I arise from the suffering. For each time you smile the smile of the victor, I retrieve with the smile of the survivor. For each time my back you bite, I face you. 

Malady, you have weaved a way into my life, but you are not preferred. I couldn't have said it straighter, simpler.

Go away.
K.

No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...