11/18/2014

Letter to Undo Button

Hi there!

There is a world I write to, and then there is you. The magnanimous one. The one who entertains possibilities. Of returns. Of many, many returns. Till one is content with the altered alternative. How on earth are you so forgiving, so adaptive? Are you of this earth at all? To undo is to remain unaffected. How does one stay so unassuming? We grew up learning something completely different about you, "what is done cannot be undone", but today you prove all of that completely wrong. Life's greatest lesson comes off you -- to move on -- sometimes with willing forgiveness, and on other times with wishful forgetfulness.

I hope this letter finds you in the best of your spirit. I hope you feel stable with the constancy of my faith in moving on. I hope you find your perfect match in Redo.  I would, if I could, undo my destiny, not my past. But in life, you are not a button. You are a hit-you-on-your-face therapy. I would bargain with God and be born to the Royalty. I would undo my many mediocrities and excel singularly in something specific. I would undo all those moments where I lost my heart, or control over it.

But you are clever, and quick-witted. You float about virtually, giving only an illusion of reality. Like memories.

Someday I would touch you,
K.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Its so easy to 'undo' in a computer ... but it does not happen in our lives .
I sometimes feel saying sorry is like trying to undo something !
We do not like to laugh on the same joke more than couple of times but we often feel sad remembering an unwanted or sad incidence many times .. paradox of life !!

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...