12/13/2014

Letter to Chhuti III

Dearest Chhuti,

I do not see us meeting anytime soon, anymore. I also knew such a time would arrive and thus had set up a determination that by the time the year ends, I would meet you, play with you, just be with you and your endless sagacious banter just once. Sadly, but truly, it doesn't look possible with me working even on the last day of the year. Thus I also wisely know, it is of no use pining for you.

Chhuti, what are you doing right now (apart from not reading this letter)? It is a chilly, slightly dull Saturday. You must be having the luxury of a delayed bath to begin with. And sausages and cake slices at breakfast, with chocolate milkshake, and that unmistakeable look of the Egyptian Queen (not Princess), who has won over all lands and kingdoms she has set an eye and heart upon. You must be delighted that there is no school today. I am doing none of the above. In fact, at work I am dying to meet you and thus resorting to this letter.

I want you to meet my daughter someday, Chhuti. If you have liked me, chances are you would quite like her too. She is a brat, that puny monster. She doesn't like going to school at all. And if she could have it her way, she would spend the rest of her life tucked in that playroom of hers with Tucker. Oh Chhuti you will love to be in that room we recently made into our playstation. All the walls are alarm-free, you can sketch as many lotuses and marigolds for her to colour. And we have many softballs and other games (some dices are lost while some boards are torn) all over in the room, and would love for you to come and play along with us. Wait! Why don't we all meet on Christmas Day (of course if you do not have any prior commitments)?

Perfect! Dear Chhuti, you are most cordially invited to spend your Christmas holiday with me, Chinky and Tucker at our playhouse. If you have any preferred cuisine you can inform me of the same and I can cook it up. Apart from that I will try and make you both some good-happy food and happier snacks to nibble along as we play and get to know each other. We can also roll out the mats on the verandah and have a nap out in the sun after lunch. I hope you like jacket-potatoes? I will stuff them with mushroom. Chinky loves it. We will shop the previous day for chips and oranges and colouring-books. You I know have no issues with pets, so I can also judiciously assure you that you will have a nice time with Tucks. He hasn't learnt how to scare people (such a waste!). In fact, why don't we go out for breakfast? If you agree, we can go pick you up from your house, and then drive towards any place that we can grab a bite at. You can have the front-seat, I know you like it. 

Chinky is slightly insane, like me she doesn't like company much. So, I would really appreciate it if you could so kindly spend your day-off with us. As you by now know, I love you. Also, no Christmas is complete without a visit from Santa and a surprise-gift from his sack (just saying!).

Pining for you, Chhuti, till we meet again,
K.

No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...