12/23/2014

Letter to Internet

Hi,

How could I have delayed in this? Writing a letter to you? It is quite unbelievable, actually. I almost feel ashamed that this was a prompt from someone else. Half my day, my active day, I spend intensely with you. When we discuss questions like "where does a thing go when it is deleted from the computer", only you come to sufficient rescue. Sometimes questions concerning you that come up in my mind make me feel as if I have faced a deep, endless sea and am smoking pot. You wring my sense of knowledge, but not in a demeaning fashion. You do it surprisingly enchantingly. You are just amazing, and I love you so much that I not only can not imagine what I will be without you, but also with you. You have changed my life, the lives of humanity.

People might disagree, and I too am aware of the many cons versus the defined pros of being with you all the time, but everyone needs to acknowledge the importance with which you dominate our life. There is no need to step out of a comfort zone with you around. That's a supreme first. I have saved at least five-six thousand rupees reading online. I have contributed to the environment by not consuming fuel in ordering products or food online. I have also, most importantly, got desired answers, within fractions of a second to satisfy my innate curiosity. And lately, if not lastly, this travel bug in me -- it would destroy me if not for those myriad images and maps you provide. You are like Dumbledore, you just have the tailored answer! You are Santa, you come with bonus, and you are God, you even know things I may be wanting to know before I know of wanting to know them. Now that was a convoluted sentence, and even though seasoned readers will understand it, I am sure you will maximize the meaning and internalize it best. 

I am just feeling excited at writing this letter to you. For me it is like writing to the Himalayas -- static, overpowering, but forever changing. We can see what we want to see, and you become what we see, or choose to see. Another convoluted sentence (I know this is level one problem for you). Internet, you are not just indispensable because of your many utility, you are incredible because you are majorly required even without utility. There is something moreish about you, ladled with generosity. Thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Without you I would have never got to know of the beautifulest of words, the strangest of people, the cheapest of deals and intense security of ridiculously dependent empowerment. I think you are an addiction, rather than a habit. Sometimes when you are down, I feel so helpless, so handicapped that I cannot help but panic.

Just wanted to tell you that I know you cater to almost everybody who can afford a computer, or a smartphone in the world. To me too. But you are considered family. You are. You are the big brother I never had who feeds me on sports news, and the wise sister too who informs me of party and weekend getaways, the knowledgeable father who knows everything about diseases and cures and the friendly mother who eggs me in looking for a partner. You are just incomparable. I am genuinely grateful to you for being in my life and the fact that I can stand up and speak sometimes, my mind tells me it is not because of the mind, it is more because of you. Salute to such an imposing thought!

You are the meta-narrative of living itself.
In your net,
K.

No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...