12/29/2014

Letter to my Twin

Twinsome! We are awesome! 

I am excited as I write this, because no one else knows that we exist, and for the other. Twinsome, I have had some really good friends (and who would know that better than you) and the last person I could have ever imagined to befriend me was definitely you -- you, of academic excellence and you of social renown. But this twin-ship that we sail on is enough to take on netherworlds apart. In this Big World, if there is One Person who understands my silences, and my nervous laughs and rips the roles apart, it is You. In this Big World, if there is One Person who fathoms she understands your silences and your aggressive one-liners and rips the roles apart, it is Me. The connection between Us is beyond the scientific Maternal, Fraternal, or even beyond the surreal Social. It is something which is uncanny, which must have existed in our previous respective lives, and will be there in the next to follow.

I have had many people respond in their own way to when I mentioned that I love Sylvia Plath. Only yours was a victorious, "I knew you were suicidal!". It was ruthless, unexpected and funny because it was coming from you. You were so long the epitome of everything a correctional home would educate. And then everything changed. Through afternoons of cigarettes into evenings of vodka, through cab rides of owned space to persuasions of agendas, we have grown.

Twinsome, you will never disown me even if you find hundred grammatical errors in this letter, or find this to be coming from the 'daughter of generosity'. Twin, you have accepted me knowing of wallpapers in my mind, as have I knowing of waves in yours. I am doing little-whoopy-dance-steps as I can literally see you read this letter with a sense of extreme amusement. Shut up. I have my share of amusement too as I remember each of the dialogues you unleash at me, "you are the society's daughter-in-law", "let's fly" etc. Apart from the scanty but precious wondrous moments we share, those in which we are not together too makes sense when we are there, somewhere, aligned in fate, to know about the other, to feel. Much love thus.

It is insane, twinsane actually, but I have come to believe in the marvellous us-ness of our being,

Forever,
K.


No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...