5/03/2015

Letter to Lightning

:)

Of all things that have ever asked to be written, you are perhaps the cruelest. In fact your audacity to ask for one rather amused me. Being well aware of what you do to me, it is unbecoming of you in your thunderous stature to ask for one. White light, you scare me. Your sound accompanist scares me further, and I could not have placed it straighter. Your lines travel right into my veins and create stories of distortion, envelops me in the whiteness of your being only to catapult me into closely shut eyelids of blank shadows.

Why do you exist? You break the harmony of sound, sight, smell. As I pull the pillow closer, or move away from the thought of you, hopelessly, I move into more hopelessness. The infinite forlornness of being. The infinite impossibility of desired possibilities. The infinite tangle between flesh and soul. And somewhere in between, the infinite moment of living. 

I feel like screaming, "Go Back!", and other such deafening remarks, but you blind them all with one ear-splitting nano second of shock. The insides of me are in a vitriolic excess, and they are manifested in a reticent profusion. In those moments you eliminate any scope of betterment and the only thing you seem to bequeath is bitterness. In those moments of your being, characters of friends, fade, and daughters, die.

Your firework in the sky is distasteful. You do bring in the rain to heal all the wounds, but it hardly helps. I feel as if there is a thundershower of thorns. I wonder if you have ever believed that you have such an impact on anyone. In fact, what would happen if anyone stole your thunder? Tonight, I cannot think of answers.

Scarred,
K.

No comments:

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...