7/14/2015

Letter to Who-are-You?

Hello!

Some months back, newly deep in the passion of daily blogging and checking with the overview of 'readers', I had almost framed a letter to you. Yes, you. Now, as I visit this space, an almost-daily-visit addict and curiously mouse over the 'audience' section, I wish to speak with you. Yes, you. Who are you? 

The statistics tell me you are someone from France, earlier you were from Spain. The timings also indicate your being from United States of America, and sometimes widely fascinate me with United Arab Emirates. These are, and have always been names of countries for me -- places I would one day visit. Along with Germany, and Bulgaria and Romania. As I greedily gobble these names up, I am hungry for more. I am pleased, I am excited, I am touched. That I am read. By you.

The number that comes up beside India is a figure I can associate faces with. The Loyal Four get the link the moment I post, and then hourly the increase. Some enter via social media, some by search engines, some by curiosity and the one which influences me the most, by compulsion. India, thus, is more or less well-figured.

But you. Who are you? Your readership stands as a testimonial to the acceptance of my words. It is more beloved that the colour of your skin, your salary, or your gender. I often wonder (a moment's slip and that is possible), what you get out of reading such stray pieces. When a Ukraine crops up, I feel important believing that the lover in Russia must have discussed and shared the link. I also think how and when you read in Poland and in Turkey and see you doing so in trams, glued to your phone screen. Or, in Ireland, as you change the tab on your laptop, and click on the 'Next Blog' may be?

You see, your anonymity, as much as encourages me, also makes me restless. So, who are you?

Care for a word back? 

You can, at: 
kuntalasengupta@gmail.com

3 comments:

the mindreader said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the mindreader said...

Hello there!
No, I am not from Germany or Ukraine. But, it's been quite some time since I have been a quiet visitor of your blog. I have been meaning to comment here for sometime, but I am not that comfortable in making my presence felt.
However, this comment is to thank you. Your posts have inspired me into get back to write again, and it's your daily posts that keeps me from going back into another block!
So, keep posting! You never know how you unknowingly touch someone's life!

Kuntala Sengupta said...

Why, thank you! And yes, one never quite knows how one unknowingly touches someone's life!

Cheap Thrills

Irrespective of the gruelling and gut-wrenching angst I feel about the condition of the wage-earners, now, more than ever, I cannot but be ...